Use of this website
Welcome to the I & H Brown Ltd website.
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term ‘the Company’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, whose registered office is set out below, and to the I & H Brown Group. Our company registration number is SC040891, Registered address Po Box 51, Dunkeld Road, Perth, PH1 3YD. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of and visitors to our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- The content of this website is for information only. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with copyright, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Scotland.
The Company is committed to complying with data protection legislation and good practice. Since the UK left the EU, that legislation is primarily the UKGeneral Data Protection Regulation (UK-GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018). We continue to abide by the EU-GDPR in relation to EU residents who may visit this site.
The Company respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal information that you share with us. When we do need your personal information to provide services that you request or when you choose to provide us with personal information, this policy describes how we collect and use your personal information.
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, title, birth date, gender, occupation, industry, personal interests, other information when needed to provide a service you requested.
When you browse our website, you do so anonymously. Like many other commercial websites, the Company website may use a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect information about how you use the site. Please go to Cookies and Tracking Information below for more information.
The Company collects personal information when you register with the Company for a Company account, when you use certain Company products or services, when you register to attend a seminar or other promotions, or when you submit your personal information to the Company for any other reason.
How we will use your information collected
I & H Brown is committed to complying with data protections legislation, as explained above, and good practice including:
- We collect the minimum information about you to process your request, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- We retain personal information only for as long as it is necessary to comply with your requests and/or legal or regulatory reasons, whereafter paper copies are destroyed and digital data deleted from our electronic systems. Retention limits are documented in the Company’s Retention policy which is available upon request.
- We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website.
- If you agree, we shall pass on your personal information to our group of companies and associated companies so that we may offer you their products and services.
- I & H Brown will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside the I & H Brown Group without your consent. You may always opt out of marketing messages at any time by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link on any email or by contacting the Company as explained below.
Your Personal Data Rights
The right to access: You have the right to request a copy of personal data the Company holds about you. We may charge an administrative fee if the request appears to be manifestly unfounded or excessive, or if you request further copies of your data.
The right to rectification: You have the right to request the Company to correct any information or personal data held which you believe to be inaccurate, or to complete any information held which you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure: You have the right to request the Company erases your personal data under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the Company restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object processing: You have the right to object to the Company processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability: You have the right to request the Company transfers the data we have collected to another organisation, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, known as a Subject Access Request, we have one month to respond to you, which may be extended in certain conditions. If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact the Company as explained below.
Cookies and Tracking Technology
Cookies may also collect information about the content you viewed, links you followed and information about your browser, device and IP address for marketing or advertising purposes.
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that the Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. They have offices across the UK, with contact details here. https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our website, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser, although you may not be able to take full advantage of the Company’s website if you do so. In particular, you may be required to accept cookies in order to complete certain actions on our website. You do not need to have cookies turned on.
You can find more information about Cookies here. https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Your personal information is never shared outside the Company or Group without your permission, except under conditions explained below.
The Company may send your personal information to other companies or people under any of the following circumstances: when we have your consent to share the information; we need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested; we need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of the Company to provide a product or service to you (we will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose); or we want to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, special offers or other information we think you’d like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out of these types of communications).
We will also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, or in urgent circumstances, to protect personal safety, the public or our websites.
Children and Privacy
Our websites do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 16. The Company does not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 16 or send them requests for personal information.
Third Party Sites
The Company’s website contains links to other sites. The Company does not share your personal information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
How to contact us
If you have questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us online.
For further information or advice please contact the Company via our online form or call the head office on 01738 637171 nationwide service. You may also write to the Head Office at:
I & H Brown Ltd, PO Box 51, Dunkeld Road, Perth PH1 3YD.
As a Company we respect individuals’ rights in relation to their personal information, including the right of subject access. Please use the online form here to raise a request, clearly stating the details of you request. To keep your data safe, we use appropriate technology and organisational measures to ensure, as far as reasonably possible, the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.