Our involvement at the sustainable new town of Blindwells continues, having delivered substantial civils works at the major East Lothian development over the course of 2023. We have been working with our client, Hargreaves Services Plc at Blindwells for over 5 years now, and have seen the development go from concept stage to over 130 houses being occupied.
The Phase 2 Earthworks and Infrastructure contracts were successfully completed earlier in the year along with a separate contract to provide the access road to the new primary school site.
We are delighted to have recently agreed a third infrastructure contract which commenced on-site in May of this year. This contract will include the delivery of:
• A further 350m of infrastructure access road to Plot 5A with associated drainage, services, communications, and street lighting.
• An extensive package of finishing works to complete sections of roads and footpaths around occupied housing.
• A package of drainage for the future town centre area of the project.
• Installation of an EV carpark.
• Installation of temporary car park for public access to Princes Loch.
It’s fantastic to play our part in transforming this former surface mine into a thriving community!